The Save options are very useful features that are since RG v.2 part of the options window.
- Cloud Options: This is a double security: RG saves a copy of your progress in the clouds. RG is a timely game, losing progress hurts! (Registering will reward you the Clouded secret trophy. )
- Save Options:
- Save: Click here before you close the window, to not lose the few seconds of progress you might have done between the auto-saves.
- Export & Import See "Making Back-Ups" below
Making Back-Ups EditThe Import and Export functions are a-must-use! They enable to make backups of your game progress.
Click on the "Export" button, paste your clipboard into a file, and save.To Import the backup:
Click on import button and paste the save-code you previously made.
You will want a backup when something goes wrong:
- All your progress has disappeared! (This has unfortunately happened so many times.)
- Or it can be nice to know you can always undo when you are stepping in to unknown fields and not sure if what you are doing is right.
- Or maybe you might simply miss-click and max-Buy excavations?
- Enables to use the RG tools.
- Offline builds can be exported into a file and left to progress.
- If you have some save files of different progress stages: Check something at a earlier stage of the game.
Note that these export saves do not seem to out-date. I have managed to import save files dating from the very beginning of RG.
- ↑ Prior to the UI overhaul, RG v1's import and export functions were grouped within a tab along with the soft-reset buttons. A screenshot if the previous UI of the save functions can be found here.
Note: Some screenshots of the previous UI can be seen browsing this wikia's image file histories. Click on an image > more info. Below the actual image, click on "File History" tab.